Sunday 27 December 2015

Proposal Done! She Said Yes! Everyone's seen the ring...on Facebook! Now the REAL Work Starts...Planning The Big Day!

Congratulations! Ahhh! Nice One Big Boy! Get in my son! I'm so happy for you! I think I'm gonna cry...

Yep! You've still got those heartfelt phrases ringing in your ears! Girls; you're on cloud 9! Boys; how the hell did Manchester United lose at Stoke and Chelsea NOT put Watford away!!

Christmas will fast become a cumbersome tree destined for the tip, and those twinkling lights with more tangled up lines than Clapham Junction!! No! I'm getting ahead of myself. No I'm not, you're getting married guys and you've got more likes on your Facebook status for getting engaged than anything you've done before. Everyone wants to know when? Where? Can we come? Now for the real work! The planning...

Let me be straight with you here; I mean really straight with you. Two of you are head over heels in love with each other - remember that! The TWO of you, whatever plays out from here, remember that without you two, there's no wedding!

How does Roy Hodgson feel about picking the England football team.. What does it feel like, to have to decide whether Dylan Hartley or Chris Robshaw becomes the new England Rugby captain? You're about to receive more opinions than a Radio 5 Live! 606 Football phone-in with Fletch and Sav!! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE believes that they know about Wedding planning, and know you best! And many of the people closest to you could be about to get power-crazy. You may start hearing phrases like: "Well I'm paying," "I know it's your Wedding day but...," "If you're wearing that I'm not coming...," " What will they think of us, if I turn up looking like...," "I just want to run this outfit past you...," You could now be entering an emotional roller-coaster of outrageous proportions! Maybe, it's already started!

What's my advice? Remember who you REALLY are, Remember why you got engaged, Remember the things you really looked forward to doing and experiencing on your wedding day when you fell in love together. Then, manage everything else, because it really doesn't matter half as much as it seems, once everyone else's (and your) emotions are running full steam ahead.

Now, go and enjoy the process of planning because it's a great adventure. Once it is over and everyone has liked your pictures on Facebook and you've got that cheesy print (that costs a fortune) that defines your day, hanging by the television, real life hits like a thunder bolt; and you'll want this whole episode all over again. But Remember, time waits for no-one, I should know, I celebrated turning 50 on Christmas Eve, and played my first wedding aged 12 years old; time flies...

The Maestro has spoken, and don't say I didn't warn you! 

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment